YMCA Volunteers contribute hundreds of hours helping the YMCA of Moose Jaw build strong kids, strong families and strong communities each year. Whether you want to help people improve their overall health, support children and youth as they grow into adults, create a welcoming environment or simply make a difference in someone’s life, the YMCA has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to match your passion, skills and schedule.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering is more than just sharing your time and passion, it’s about the satisfaction of knowing you are helping people become stronger, giving back to your community and gaining valuable work experience that will enhance your career opportunities.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you will receive from volunteering:
- The fulfillment from knowing you are making a difference in your community
- New skills, increased confidence and enhanced leadership skills
- New friends and acquaintances from all walks of life
- Valuable Canadian work experience
- Be part of an organization with a history of giving back to its community
- Gained hours towards your community service requirement